Our today’s blog will be going tell you the process of doing Netgear Arlo Camera Setup. Well, the instruction we provide you applies on the setting up Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo pro camera. So, in case you like the idea of a security camera which is completely wireless in every way then, Netgear’s Arlo Pro system is considered as the best. Well, in the next section, we provide you with the Arlo set up process, and while you begin keeping tabs on your home, you’re away. No wonder Wi-Fi cameras have their own problems as compared to wired cameras.
Still, they certainly provide you with a more straightforward installation. Now, you might be thinking of what makes this Netgear Arlo camera unique or separate from other cameras. So, the thing which separates the Arlo Pro from other Wi-Fi cameras is it’s battery-powered. That means you don’t need to plug it into an outlet to stream and record a video where other Wi-Fi cams need to be connected to some power source, although they connect through Wi-Fi to data transmitting.
Also, Arlo Pro uses its own hub central that called the Base Station by which all of Arlo cameras setup of yours connect. Well, that is due to the cameras use Z-Wave to communicate wirelessly, rather than Wi-Fi like most other consumer-based security cameras, for e.g. Nest Cam. Due to this, Arlo cameras need to connect to the Base Station, which in turn communicates with your home’s Wi-Fi network. Now, scroll down to know the way of setting up Arlo camera.
Steps For The Netgear Arlo Camera Setup
So, for doing Arlo Camera setup of the Netgear, first, you need to download and set up the app of Arlo. However, it would help if you used the Base Station. That setup process is pretty painless and only takes about 10 minutes. Then, later follow the steps mentioned below;
1. To start, first, download the app of Arlo to the smartphone of yours. It is a free app which is available for both iPhone and Android devices.
2. Next, open up the app and tap to the button of New to Arlo.
3. On the next step, choose which Arlo product you’re setting up. In this case, it’s the “Arlo Wire-Free.”
4. Here, the app will now tell you to install the Arlo Base Station centre. To do this, into the Base Station plug the one end of the included Ethernet cable into the and the other end into a free Ethernet port on the router of yours. Plugin the power cord, and then press the “On-Off button next to the power connector on the back of the hub.
5. Once you have got the Base Station set up, hit the button of Continue in the app.
6. Wait for the hub to power up. The app automatically searches for the centre on your network.
7. When it’s ready, tap “Choose Timezone” in the app.
8. Select your time zone, hit “Save” in the top-right corner, and then tap the back arrow in the top-left corner.
9. Tap “Continue” to proceed.
10. Next, give the Base Station a name. Now, one can be as creative as they want here. But do remember that something simple will work just fine. Hit the “Continue” button once when you’re done with the Arlo camera setup.
We hope like our previous articles on the Netgear setup, this one is also useful for you all. Still, if you want to know more regarding Arlo camera setup or Arlo setup then, do ask us. And after reading our blog, yet you do have doubt, then you can contact our technical experts.